Configuring SharePoint Online / Office 365 Integration
Setting Up TeamOrgChart for Intranet with SharePoint Online
TeamOrgChart for Intranet can be integrated with your SharePoint Online or Office 365 tenancy. Prior to completing this guide TeamOrgChart for Intranet must be installed onto a server and be available over HTTPS.
Register TeamOrgChart using Appregnew
To begin the configuration process access appregnew.aspx on your SharePoint Online tenancy.
Complete the form as follows.
- Client ID - press the "Generate" button to create a new ID.
- Client Secret - press the "Generate" button to create a new secret.
- Title - enter a title to allow your users to identify the application, for example "TeamOrgChart"
- App Domain - this is the URL to the TeamOrgChart for Intranet installation. For example toci.ti.teamimprover.com
- Redirect Url - this should be the URL to TeamOrgChart for Intranet begining with HTTPS://
Make a note of the Client ID and secret as these are required in subsequent steps.
Generate the App Package
The next step is to generate the "Add-In" package for installation onto the SharePoint Online site.
To do this access the page /intranet/generateappfile on your TeamOrgChart for Intranet installation. For example:
Complete the form as follows:
- Client ID - set this to the Client ID generated in step 1.
- URL - this must be the URL including HTTPS to the TeamOrgChart for Intranet installation. This is the same URL as the Redirect Url specified in step 1.
Finally press the "Download the App Package button to generate the add-in.
Next modify the web.config of the TeamOrgChart for Intranet installation.
Set the following keys contained in the appSettings configuration section:
- ClientID - this must be set to the client ID generated in step 1.
- ClientSecret - this must be set to the secret generated in step 1.
- CertificateSerialNumber - Ensure this is blank or commented out.